How do you “find” more money to save and spend? No matter what resources we have or tradeoffs we are willing to make, we all like to have more money. We might spend it all for a special “want”, pay off bills, or save some or all of it. Below are a few ideas to get you started:
· Pay extra attention at checkout. Watch price scanners and check receipts for price errors.
· Swap clothes with friends, family, or neighbots.
· Change furnace and AC filters regularly and have units checked annually.
· Replace high wattage light bulbs with compact florescent or low wattage incandescent bulbs
· Avoid impulse buying: don’t carry too much cash; leave credit cards at home!
· Balance your checking account (paper or on-line) at least monthly. This will help you avoid costly fees.
· Walk more and drive less.
· Swap/barter services.